Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hillary-bashing

Decided to write this on my own blog rather than commenting on a friend's blog. He's much more political than I am in general and much better-informed....and when I venture into politics, I show my own ignorance (better done on my own blog where no-one will see it.) But sometimes I feel like my friend is more of a Hillary-hater than a Barack-lover. She gave what I thought was a pretty inspirational speech last night throwing her support whole-heartedly behind him and attempting to invigorate the party and unify her own supporters behind him. I went to see what my friend had to say about it. Although there were a couple of very short positive statements, in general the posting was another Hillary-slam because she didn't say the exact words he wanted to hear. (I truly believe if she had said the statement he wanted, it would've been something else she didn't say which was wrong.)


It's his blog and his opinion of course, but I find it amusing that as long as I've been reading his blog (admittedly not more than 6 months or so), I've never seen anything positive said about a Clinton without 16 negatives attached to it....and usually there's no positive there anyhow. He's already decided that Bill's speech tonight will be no better. He seems to feel very strongly against the Clintons and everything they do and stand for.... I expect that from Republicans but it always surprises me from a Democrat-leaner, and I keep going back to see if he really is as consistently negative about her as it seems. I kind of thought that might change after the primary. I just feel like at this point we should stop pointing fingers and start attempting to unify....and it seemed like that's what she was trying to do to me.


But similar to his seeming dislike for Hillary, I have a like for her and Bill, and I give them the benefit of the doubt, even when perhaps I shouldn't. I guess I'm their glass half full and he's their glass half empty :). And I've never been opinionated enough in general...I don't get very passionate about politics and usually stay away from such discussions...probably better for everyone involved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. She's human first and foremost, so you can only expect her to go so far after such a grueling primary. I applaud her speech & what she did last night by being the one to move for Obama's nomination by acclimation. That took guts!